Thursday, August 14, 2014

August 10 on 10: Stretching

This month I thought I'd attempt to stretch a little further than my happy & safe comfort zone. My solo walks are so needed and I love having my camera with me, moving at my own pace, stopping whenever I see something interesting.


I talked my husband into getting up early on Sunday morning and driving to the Hollywood farmer's market. I used to work in this neighborhood but that was many years ago and it had been a long time since I've been anywhere near the city. It was lively and crowded and had a wonderful cross section of people. I wasn't brave enough (this time) to ask anyone if I could take a photo of them but this woman just happened to appear in this shot! Her hair was done in a leopard print - perfectly.

 


There was such a beautiful selection of produce, flowers and baked goods. Lovely colors, sights and sounds. We drove around the neighborhood looking for parking and saw some interesting buildings and signs. I'm sure it would be a great place to photograph at night.



 
 
 
 
We enjoyed our morning and look forward to visiting again soon! I also signed up for a daily photo prompt from Susannah Conway - her August Break is a way to really pay attention to this last month of summer.  Here are three of the shots I've posted so far on my Instagram account:

 
Prompt: Orange
 
 
Prompt: Selfie
 
 
Prompt: Guilty Pleasure
 
Please follow the blog circle to see what beauty Loni Judisch  has for you!


6 comments:

  1. Beautiful photos. The colors at the farmer's market are extraordinary! I wanted to participate in Susannah Conway's August Break too but never got around to it. Maybe next year.....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Kristina ~ the August Break is fun, I hope you join next time. I'm still thinking about the scavenger hunt you mentioned earlier this year. Would you consider that sometime this year???

      Delete
  2. Wonderful and colorful images! I am so curious now to check out August Break after seeing both you and Kim post such lovely photos inspired by Susannah's prompts!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Connie! You inspired me to leave my neighborhood this month :)

      Delete
  3. I love that you got your favorite sky in many of these photos! I saw the leopard head immediately! :) I love, love, love the flower shot and now I can see what book you were reading on the hammock...Anam Cara! Love you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha, I did go a bit crazy with the sky! Thank you for your lovely comment xoxoxo Love you BIG!

      Delete