Reaching
This week I went to my mat willingly.
I still struggle with my snooze button but know that I will make up the time with a shorter shower, breakfast to go or some other compromise rather than skip my yoga time.
I've become aware that yoga is helping me during this difficult emotional time by not allowing me to disconnect from my feelings. It's so automatic, my desire to sleep or watch multiple sitcom reruns and not do any of the things I know I need to.
This week I felt the feelings.
I was aware and stayed present, allowed the anxiety and the tears. It was a bit easier to regain my emotional footing. I'd have an upset, start to spin, the stories ramping up ready to take over and then I'd pause. I could see what was happening - my mind ready to rail against injustice, point at those who were impinging on my freedoms, and pause again.
To be centered and grounded I felt that chair pose was very helpful this week.
Straightening to standing with my arms above and my feet rooted to the ground.
I stretch, my arms above extending toward the sky
reaching up into the cold blue until I find the black, silent expanse of space.
Feet rooted to earth, soil and rock, solid and hard until I reach the roaring molten core.
And breathe.
No comments:
Post a Comment