This trip was long awaited. I flew to Chicago to bring my husband and our two dogs back to California. We rented a mini-van and headed West. Please excuse the quality of this photo as it was shot through the not so clean windshield. I did a lot of the driving on this trip and didn't take as many photos as I would have liked. Rest stops are not very pretty, usually, and with the distances we were trying to cover we didn't deviate too much from our path.
We were able to see some family along the way and that made a long day on the road worthwhile. I saw Sarah and met her husband and puppy. We stopped overnight with at Uncle Tom's and met Marty, Leah and baby Keira for dinner.
Most of these stops were after dark and one was after midnight. I was road weary and not thinking about my camera. I would have loved to have record of these wonderful loving people and how welcomed we felt in their presence but I just have these random shots and my words.
This is my favorite Colorado rest stop. We stopped here on our way to Chicago in June. It was nice to return although I wasn't all that confident driving in the snow! It was snowing as we crossed the Continental Divide.
My husband took this one. I was surprised he didn't offer to drive this portion being the Illinois native. Apparently I was doing fine, slow and steady. Slow and steady as our progress has been this year. We are looking ahead to better times and cherishing being together again.
Please follow the circle of posts to Kristina Rust next. She is an amazing person and extraordinary photographer!
That sky! So glad you got these photos, Kath. I can't believe you were driving in this snow!! Yipes. So pretty though and so glad you got to visit with family along the way! Love you!
ReplyDeleteI am so impressed to see that you were driving in this weather. And you have alot more snow than us, and we normally have snow this kind of year. I love your images, there is something really mystic to them, great capture.
ReplyDeleteHappy to hear you got to visit your family, special this time of year. I wish you all the best and thank you for sharing :-)
Kindly, Trini - Norway
It sounds like you had a great trip and I am glad you were able to capture at least some photos along the way--what you captured certainly tells the story of your trip.
ReplyDeleteThis road trip is such an adventure! You are very brave for driving from Chicago to California alone, but driving in the snow is double brave! I'm sure you have lots of stories to tell. Glad you were able to capture a little bit while you could.
ReplyDeleteI'm glad you were able to capture some photos along that very long drive. As a fellow Illinois native, I remember how those roads can be. I'm glad you were able to visit with friends and family along the way and that you made it back home safely. Merry Christmas!
ReplyDelete