Nature's first green is gold,
Her hardest hue to hold.
Her early leaf's a flower;
But only so an hour.
Then leaf subsides to leaf,
So Eden sank to grief,
So dawn goes down to day
Nothing gold can stay.
"Stay gold Ponyboy"
That line comes to mind, from The Outsiders, when I see everything washed in this golden light.
I haven't seen the movie or read the book in decades and when I looked it up the above Robert Frost poem was referenced. I don't claim to know the intended meaning so I make my own.
This year has been challenging and I've been forced out of my comfort zone on many levels.
Finding a way to be accepting of change, to let go of the things I really want to keep
and to trust myself has been rewarding too.
Letting go also makes room for the new. New ideas, new beliefs and new ways to show up in the world.
I have so much to be grateful for. Special thanks to Kim Bajorek for inviting me to visit her in this beautiful place. It was just what I needed.
Wishing you all a wonderful Thanksgiving!
Please follow our blog circle ~ next up is Suzanne O'Brien I love her work and can't wait to see what she's been up to.
These photos are beautiful. I especially love the silhouette of the tree. And here's to pushing ourselves out of our comfort zones and letting go. Wishing you a Happy Thanksgiving too!
ReplyDeleteGorgeous images, Kathleen! The bare tree against the sunset sky - it's so striking and keeps calling me back to linger. It truly is beautiful and full of so much story and narrative. Sending you hugs. Life can take us on unexpected journeys, but it sounds like you're embracing the new! xoxo
ReplyDeleteI also love the tree silhouette! Love the poems too and thank you to remind us to keep moving on, sometimes we get stuck in our comfort zone and need a wake up shake!
ReplyDeleteThank you for sharing your beautiful thoughts and images this month Kathleen, there is a sense of optimism about it all. Wishing you a golden holiday season.
ReplyDeleteYour pictures are pure poetry - and underlining them with a poem made them pop out, and sharing your inner thoughts just made your post so strong. Keep it up, sister - trust in the unknown is a strength that will be rewarded <3
ReplyDeleteI love these images, especially the first two sunset ones, so gorgeous.
ReplyDelete