Thursday, September 10, 2015

September: Home Again

It feels really good to be back in California this month. I enjoyed the time in Illinois and the slow pace of the summer days. Now I'm reflecting on the passage of time. My son took his behind the wheel driving test. He's a senior in high school and a licensed driver! It seems like just yesterday when I could pick him up and carry him around.






These days I have to sneak up on him, pretend I'm texting to get a photo. Shhhh, don't tell. He is very resistant to me taking his picture although he was very cooperative with the senior portrait photographer. He even smiled!



He's growing up and has a great sense of humor. He can tell when I'm feeling low and will make an effort to make me smile, even offering hugs. I'm enjoying his company and the conversations we have. I know too soon he'll be out in the world creating his own adventures...

I'm looking forward to getting out more this next month and getting creative again. Too many chores and obligations this past month.

Please follow the circle and visit Bonnie's post. She is an amazing photographer and I look forward to seeing her images each month!

3 comments:

  1. Congratulations on your new driver! Although my kids are younger I share the same "kids are growing up too fast" feeling. His silhouette picture is beautiful! Looking forward to seeing more next month!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally understand your need for ninja photography when trying to capture teens. They are all so resistant. Enjoy this Senior year....it goes by so fast. ox, K

    ReplyDelete
  3. My kids don't easily let me take photos either . . . seems to be a universal thing, but you captured a great moment that will be cherished maybe more than a posed portrait. And congratulations on your new driver.

    ReplyDelete