Sunday, March 5, 2017

A 100 Day Experiment: Yoga, Meditation & Journaling - Week 2

Week Two


Today was day 14 of yoga and it felt so good. The week started out with me not feeling very well on Monday morning. I wasn't sick, really, just not feeling up for getting out of bed early and getting on my mat. The good part about accountability is that I didn't want to say I'd skipped a day already, especially when it wasn't necessary.

By mid-week I was better. Wednesday I showed up and made the effort. I noticed the day before that I expect a lot of myself and feel the need to abandon efforts if I don't see myself doing "well" which is so subjective, right?

I wrote in my journal and asked myself the question, is there a problem with being a mediocre yogi? Right here in my living room do I need to impress anyone?
If the goal is tranquility what does it matter what it looks like on the outside?

I found that I still resist getting out of bed. There were two days when I did the triple snooze which impacted the time I had to shower and get ready. Getting up at my first alarm is not a punishment, it's an opportunity for space and ease in my morning. When I have that I allow myself breakfast and a calm drive to the vanpool stop. Red lights and pedestrians are allowed to take their time and I arrive for work with a better attitude.

I really enjoyed my weekend yoga, with no time constraints I took an extra few minutes afterwards to stretch my hips and meditate for a bit longer.

Good things this week: 
Better posture, deep full breaths and drinking more water.

Helpful things for next week:
 Up at first alarm, lay out clothes for next day, have a meal plan for the week.

Remember:
Progress, not perfection.


No comments:

Post a Comment